Friday, July 31, 2020

Lawn Fawnatics challenge 81- summertime fun!


Hi Friends!  I'm sharing this super fun beach scene for the Lawn Fawnatics challenge 81 - summertime fun!  

This card features a lot of Lawn Fawn sets and you will find the links for all the products below. 

To create the waves, I cut a stencil using the ocean wave border die and cut it from clear acetate.  Creating your own stencils is easy and a great way to stretch your dies.  You can use your own stencils to create fun backgrounds for your cards.  

Distress oxide colors used for the sky: abandon coral, shaded lilac, blueprint sketch.  Waves: blueprint sketch, salty ocean, mermaid lagoon, tumbled glass.  Sand: antique linen and scattered straw.  

The images were colored using Copic Markers and cut using the coordinating dies.  I added a white gel pen for accents.  


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful weekend!



Page 1 of 2

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Hello There!


Hi Friends!  I'm sharing this colorful card using a few older Pretty Pink Posh Products and some masking. 

To start, I cut a piece of Neenah white cardstock to A2 size.  Next, I stamped trees from the Winter Friends stamp set to create a background.  Post-it full stick tape used to mask off the trees (see photo below).  After taping off the sides, I ink blended a night sky using the following Catherine Pooler Inks: grape crush, flirty fuchsia, suede shoes, something borrowed, fiesta blue and grass skirt.  Then the background was splatted with water and diluted black paint.  I added starts with a white gel pen.


Next, I stamped out the images from camping friends stamp set and the tree from winter friends stamp set using hero arts intense black ink.  The intense black gives a great crisp image and is copic friendly.  The following Copic colors used to color the images:  

Moon: Y00, Y04.  
Racoon: E70, E71, E74
Beaver: E11, E13, E15
Critter cheeks: R20 and R000
Trees: YG13, YG09, G19
Wood items: E21, E53, E34
Tent: YG61, G43, YG63, G94
Fire: Y04, Y17, YR16, R27


After the images were colored, I cut them using my die cutting machine and coordinating dies.  The ink blended card front was cut down using a paper trimmer and adhered to a piece of grey cardstock.  Using a combination of foam squares and liquid glue, I adhered the images to the card front.  White gel pen added to the images for accents.  The entire panel was adhered to an A2 card base and that completes the card!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you try out the masking technique on your cards to create fun backgrounds!



Saturday, July 18, 2020

Slimline Birthday Shaker


Hi friends!  Happy Saturday!  Here is a rainbow slimline shaker card I created using some products from Pretty Pink Posh!


To start, cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock to 3.5 inches by 8.5 inches.  Then, I ink blended the panel using the following distress oxide inks: mustard seed, wild honey, carved pumpkin, abandon coral, barn door, seedless preserves, peacock feathers and mowed lawn.  The panel was splatted with water and left to dry.  Then using the medium polka dots stencil, I added white pigment ink to create a subtle background.

A white piece of cardstock was used to cut a window frame using the Trinity stamps slimline dies.  I stacked the largest die and smaller die together to create a frame.  Next, I used a sheet of plastic to add a shaker window.  Pretty pink posh sequins in 3mm and 6mm sparkling clear and iridescent confetti used to fill the shaker.  Double thick foam tape added to the frame and the entire panel was adhered to the ink blended card front.

Next, I stamped and colored images from the following stamp sets: playful puppies, bunny friends, birthday friends and party friends.   Images were stamped using hybrid ink in dark chocolate and images were colored using Copic Markers.  White gel pen used to add accents.
Mouse: W0, W1, W3
Bunnies and raccoon: E44, E43, E42, E41, E0000
Puppies: E31, E51, E50, E0000
Cheeks for all the critters: R20 and R0000
Balloons, cake, hats: Y04, Y18, Y02, YG01, YG23, G03, YG01, B16, B02, V12, V52, R02, R12, R43, R27, R24, YR16, YR06


The images were cut using the coordinating dies and glued to the card front.  Happy Birthday script die was cut from white cardstock and I stacked three of them together for a dimensional look.  Liquid glue used to adhere it to the card front.  To finish the card, I glued the card front to a slimline card base.